Wednesday 17 February 2010

Quick 'n' Dirty - VI

Felt like writing but have nothing specific to talk about. Or at least anything controversial, interesting or indeed though provoking.

We have been steadily progressing though ICC, having killed Putricide and Valithria last week on 25-player and everything up to Sindragosa on 10-player. Notice the politically correct use of `player' instead of man. Mainly out of courtesy to our female players. Yes we got a few and I must admit they are just as good if not better as their male peers. But that is beside the point... if there is one in this post...

Where was I? Ah yes, Putricide, Valithria and our new target, Queen Lana'thel. I must admit I find these encounters, or all of ICC for that matter infinitely more refreshing than ToC encounters, or indeed Ulduar ones. I wont even discuss the difference in the feeling of immersion of ICC, a rich instance in terms of areas, compared to the blunt Trial arena. The encounters themselves seem to me like a very nice combination of different mechanics. Movement, situational awareness, raw output, phases - all seem to be nicely orchestrated and combined, making the encounters challenging in a more involving way than in the past. It still does not beat the feeling I had with Black Wing Lair but hey, different times.





And on top of all, the Gunship encounter. For me, this is one of the most enjoyable encounters, mainly because it reminds me of Pirates, Start Wars and Boba Fett (The Return of the Jedi rumble over Sarlacc's Pit). I mean, how cool is that? Jumping off the Alliance ship, with rockets on the back, landing in the midst (or something close) of battle. This has to be one of the most immersive fights!

All of the above would be even more enjoyable, if it was not for the stupid lag of the past weeks. Nevertheless, we had some nice raid days the past week, around challenging encounters and a constant smirk in my face as I look froward to meeting him again...

4 comments:

Anonymous 18 February 2010 at 14:21  

Αν και καθυστερημένα να ζήσεις :)

Crennie 23 February 2010 at 17:32  

Great to hear that you're doing good!

Lance 23 February 2010 at 17:41  

@Crennie m8, nice to see you are still hanging about :)

@Vatraxos, thnx for the wishes!

Shemhezai 5 August 2010 at 00:49  

Hey Lance! It's been a great read so far. Keep up the good work. I just started a new WoW blog of my own if you want to check it out - darkpact.squarespace.com - I went ahead and added yours to my link list. Take care!

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP